Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing FMC from Outside..?

Is there anyway to manage a FTD with FMC without connecting through a ssl vpn nor configuring port forwarding on the FMC itself?

Does Cisco provide some kind of link to log into your FMC ,once it connects to the internet, from outside?

Technically speaking you would need to do a pat to get into your FMC since you would be connecting through the public IP, but since the FTD wont be managed locally so i think there is no other way. Or yes?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gustavo,

Hope you are doing good.

FTD can be managed locally, if you have FMC in local subnet. However you can not manage FMC from to managers. I mean, you can not manage it simultaneously from local subnet and Remote.

Secondly, There is no way. You would have to do PAT in order to manage FMC (over internet.)

Thirdly, Are you currently doing SSH to access FMC? Are you not using Web GUI. If you are using the WEB GUI (which I believe, you mist be) You can same the IP as URL and you can access it alway. You can do the DNS mapping of that IP at your end and the you can use a custom URL as well. Is simple.

Please mark this post as post as helpful and accept it as solution if it resolves your concern.

BR

shivdube

EX-CISCO TAC Engg

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi Gustavo,

Hope you are doing good.

FTD can be managed locally, if you have FMC in local subnet. However you can not manage FMC from to managers. I mean, you can not manage it simultaneously from local subnet and Remote.

Secondly, There is no way. You would have to do PAT in order to manage FMC (over internet.)

Thirdly, Are you currently doing SSH to access FMC? Are you not using Web GUI. If you are using the WEB GUI (which I believe, you mist be) You can same the IP as URL and you can access it alway. You can do the DNS mapping of that IP at your end and the you can use a custom URL as well. Is simple.

Please mark this post as post as helpful and accept it as solution if it resolves your concern.

BR

shivdube

EX-CISCO TAC Engg

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card