Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Based VPN FTD

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

HI

We have several Policy based VPNs, I have read in a Cisco document that the sysopt permit-vpn is not supported with Route based VPN and I will need to configure access control for this, so that being said does this affect our policy based VPNs which have the Bypass access Control for Decrypted traffic (sysopt permit-vpn) box checked or will they be ok.?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@benolyndav you can create a route based VPN, just create explict Access Control rules for traffic that is routed over that route-based VPN tunnel.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

@benolyndav traffic VPNs (Policy or Routed based) on FTD need to be explictly permitted in the Access Control rules.

I would not want to bypass the ACP for VPN traffic, it is better to explictly allow/deny the traffic.

Hi @Rob Ingram 
Yes I agree but unfortunatley thats the way the VPNs are configured with the sysopt box checked I have wondered why myself.
Cisco's documentation as this line below , dose this mean I cant create a route based VPNs as we have sysop selected on our policy based VPNs, .??
(Note: sysopt connection permit-vpn does not work with Route Based VPN tunnels. The Access Control Rules need to be configured for both IN-  OUT zones and OUT -  IN zones.)

Thanks

@benolyndav you can create a route based VPN, just create explict Access Control rules for traffic that is routed over that route-based VPN tunnel.

When you use use sysopt permit vpn it effect traffic pass through interface you enable ipsec on it'

The route-based vpn use different interface and hence not effect by sysopt (bypass).

MHM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card