Views
Helpful
Replies

Using old 1G SFPs GLC-SX-MM= on C9500-48Y4C or C9500-24Y4C

gsancassano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm working in a networking project and we are evaluating using the Catalyst high performance C9500-48Y4C and C9500-24Y4C as distribution switches.

For a short time we need to have the down-links in 1G and then we will migrate them to 10G.

I would like to know if someone has test or use the old 1G SFP GLC-SX-MM= in this models of C9500. I check the compatibility matrix and this model of SFP is not listed, but I think is because this SFP are EoL.

I don't wont to buy new 1G SFP GLC-SX-MMD= because I will use them only a couples of month.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have used 1GB SFP for testing, On Cat 9500 / Cat 9300 they work as expected.

Do you see any issue ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,

Thanks for your replay.

I don't see any issue, but I need to be sure that the old SFPs GLC-SX-MM= will work correctly in this specific models C9500-48Y4C or C9500-24Y4C

I will use them temporarily, but if they don't work the project will have extra cost and a delay.

this is  live example help you :

cisco C9500-48Y4C (X86) processor with 1868748K/6147K bytes of memory.

NAME: "TwentyFiveGigE1/0/23", DESCR: "GE SX"
PID: GLC-SX-MMD

#show interfaces twentyFiveGigE 1/0/23
TwentyFiveGigE1/0/23 is up, line protocol is up (connected)
Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s, link type is auto, media type is 1000BaseSX SFP

BB

In your test, you are using the new SFP GLC-SX-MMD.

I need to confirm if the GLC-SX-MM works. This SFP is the old one and they don't have de DOM.

Do you have one of this SFP GLC-SX-MM made a test and verify if the works?

Thanks!!!

aha i missed that, i know it should work (but i do test later when i get chance) - i do remember have old one required to connect old switch to test.

if you already buying Cat 9K, what option you have, either test it or make alternative options - not that iam suggesting anything here, just thought

BB

It will be grate if you can test with the GLC-SX-MM SFP, so I'm sure it will work and avoid future problems.

Thanks !!

Hi,

The GLC-SX-MM works on C9500-48Y4C. You just have to make sure to configure speed nonegotiate under the interface.

Lanman70
Level 1
Level 1

The older sfp will work in a 950048y4c ...

sho inter twe1/0/46 trans detail
Diagnostic Monitoring is not implemented.