Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a speed dial be preserved when a user logs into extension mobility

I have a client that wants to deploy a site specific speed dial on their phones based on location for emergency notifications. The caveat is that many of the users log into phones using extension mobility and work at different sites which would require multiple speed dials be assigned to their EM profiles.  Is there a way to keep the site specific speed dial in place on the phone when the user logs into EM? I don't think there is but wanted to inquire.

2 Replies 2

No that’s not possible as the device profile will override any device settings at login.

Response Signature

This would be messy, but you could set up site-specific translation patterns that take a single number (which would be the speed dial number on all of the EM Profiles) and translate that number to the site-specific emergency notification number. The partition of each translation pattern would be in the phone's CSS so it wouldn't matter which EM Profile was logged in. If they hit the speed dial it would match based on the phone CSS and translate to that site-specific number.

It would work similarly to site-specific operators, where no matter where you are you would dial 0 (common US number for "operator"), and there would be multiple translation patterns (in a site-specific partitions) changing 0 into whatever the actual extension was for that site's operator.

I think this would work for what you are describing. Let me know if it doesn't make sense or if you have questions.

Maren