Helpful
Replies

CMS/CMM Determine last participant

Yarin Ezra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

The title is pretty self explanatory.

I need CMM or CMS to determine if the last participant is idle and to drop the space.

I used jabber endpoint with Recording server to record CMS space calls and after all the other participants leave, the jabber endpoint is left in the space until manually dropped.

is there an automated way for the server to determine if the last user is idle and to drop the space afterwards?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

CMM/CMS don't have this options.
But you could use the API to detect such calls and then terminate them. But you have to script this yourself.

View solution in original post

Use any programming language you want, you need to make REST API requests towards CMS.
Check out the programming guide for CMS about which requests and how you need to make it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

How do you define idle in the first place?
E.g. how should Jabber or CMS know, if the person in front of the PC is not there anymore? CMS only has a running call, doesn't matter if the person speaks or not

Lets say not necessarily idle, maybe a space with one participant for over 5 minutes will be dropped, a timer to determine a space with only one user that would automatically drop the space.

CMM/CMS don't have this options.
But you could use the API to detect such calls and then terminate them. But you have to script this yourself.

is there a specific API program to use recommended by cisco or do i need to actually script my self something with python or other scripting languages?

Use any programming language you want, you need to make REST API requests towards CMS.
Check out the programming guide for CMS about which requests and how you need to make it.