Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM v14.0 GUI CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Hello Everyone,

I am very new to learning Collaboration and I wanted to get someone's input on what I may be doing wrong here. 

To study for my CCNP Collaboration, I wanted to setup my own Virtual Lab. However after installing everything, I'm trying to access the CUCM GUI using the Private that I have assigned and I'm getting connection timed out.

Here is the current setup;

CSR1000v running on VMware workstation

GIG 1:

192.168.188.2/24

NATed to run on the Public Internet

GIG 2: 

192.168.43.2/24

LAN to run CUCM

NTP: 129.6.15.28 - clock is synchronized with stratum 2

CUCM Publisher running on CENTOS VM

IP: 192.168.43.3/24

Gateway: 192.168.43.2

NTP 192.168.43.2

I can access the CLI no problem, its just can't access the GUI at all and I will get "192.168.43.3 took too long to respond." I can ping that IP on the router locally, and can confirm router is able to reach the Internet. Any idea what I could be missing or am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It seems that something wants wrong during your installation for CUCM, and to save time and effort the best thing to do is start again the installation process as @Roger Kallberg advise.

In reference to the services, it is essential to note that the Tomcat service, responsible for the CUCM Graphical User Interface (GUI), cannot be disabled or deactivated as it is inherently active by default.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

When you log into the CLI, what is the output of the command:  utils service list

Are all of the services (except those not activated) running or do you see some "Commanded Out Of Service"?

Maren

The service list seems to show that all are currently deactivated, which I would assume would be the case, since I have not been able to reach the Serviceability page to activate any services. Should there be some services that are activated by default? 

Is there a service that would stop from a user from reaching the GUI administration page in the first place?

The service like  tomcat , Db services should be running by default. Not all services You need to activate them manually. If all your services are showing deactivated from CLI, this is not normal and something is wrong.

The webpage  depends on the Tomcat service.

Can you please share the output of the “utils service list” command here? You installed CUCM using the OVA file that you downloaded from the Cisco site, right? What server and vmware version are you using for your CUCM?

Response Signature

CUCM has two categories of services: Network Services and Feature Services

Network services are services that must be running for CUCM to operate at all. That includes (as @Nithin Eluvathingal pointed out) the "A Cisco DB" service (and other DB services), Tomcat, DRF-related services, CDP, Platform Administration and a host of other services. All of these services run automatically at boot and should be running when you run the utils service list command.

Feature Services are services where you want a specific server to provide a specific telephony service to the environment. Examples are the Cisco CallManager service (turning a node into a call processing node), the Cisco Tftp service, The IP Voice Media Streaming App Service, and others. These are all deactivated (Windows equivalent: Disabled) by default at boot and will not be running. (With a couple of recent exceptions like the AXL Web service.)

So, when you ran that command you should have seen at least some services running. In particular, the list of Network Services should be running and if any are not that can interfere with the GUI coming up. Please post the output of utils service list and the other information Nithin suggested and we can go from there.

Maren

Once the installation completed did you restart the VM from the VMware console before you started to try changing things from the CLI? I’ve recently seen weird things happen if you start mucking around in the CLI before you completed a restart once the installation has finished. If that is matching your situation I would recommend you to redo the installation process.

Response Signature

It seems that something wants wrong during your installation for CUCM, and to save time and effort the best thing to do is start again the installation process as @Roger Kallberg advise.

In reference to the services, it is essential to note that the Tomcat service, responsible for the CUCM Graphical User Interface (GUI), cannot be disabled or deactivated as it is inherently active by default.

Hello Everyone,

Seems like that did the trick. I entirely removed the file and reinstalled. I double check my routing and there was an issue there as well, which was probably part of the cause. 

@belmonteanthony123 Glad you manged to fix your issue. Out of curiosity what led you to select the post you did as the solution to your question? What in my response was not merited for this?

Response Signature