cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)(1024B).What is the meaning of 1024B?

Throughput: FW + AVC + Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) (1024B)
Throughput: Firewall (FW) + Application Visibility and Control (AVC) (1024B)
Throughput: NGIPS (1024B)
IPSec VPN throughput (1024B TCP with Fastpath)

All of those cases. What is the meaning of 1024B? I can't understand this. Please help me.

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Md. Shahariar Rahaman 

In this specific context of network throughput measurements, "1024B" typically refers to the packet size used for testing. It represents a packet size of 1024 Bytes. When evaluating the throughput of various network devices or features like FX, IPS, the chosen packet size can impact the observed throughput.

Measuring throughput with a specific packet size, such as 1024 bytes, allows for standardized testing conditions.

Different devices or features may have varying levels of performance depending on the packet size, as processing overhead and efficiencies can differ.

In the context of IPSec VPN throughput (1024B TCP with Fastpath), it specifies the IPSec VPN throughput for a 1024-byte TCP packet size with the Fastpath technology. This information helps assess the VPN performance under specific conditions.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

M02@rt37  is correct it is packet size 

check this screen

Screenshot (83).png

890 Mbps is throughput 
there is not we can called relation but when cisco engineer test throughput for these series, they must fix some detail like packet size, l4 protocol use and etc. 
then they measure the throughput with add some feature like SI. 
MHM

@Md. Shahariar Rahaman 

The throughput, measured here in Mbps, is the rate at which data can be transmitted through a network. The packet size, on the other hand, represents the amount of data in each individual packet.

Understanding the relationship between throughput and packet size involves considering how many packets can be transmitted per unit of time.

Best regards

Yes !

Best regards

12 Replies 12

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Md. Shahariar Rahaman 

In this specific context of network throughput measurements, "1024B" typically refers to the packet size used for testing. It represents a packet size of 1024 Bytes. When evaluating the throughput of various network devices or features like FX, IPS, the chosen packet size can impact the observed throughput.

Measuring throughput with a specific packet size, such as 1024 bytes, allows for standardized testing conditions.

Different devices or features may have varying levels of performance depending on the packet size, as processing overhead and efficiencies can differ.

In the context of IPSec VPN throughput (1024B TCP with Fastpath), it specifies the IPSec VPN throughput for a 1024-byte TCP packet size with the Fastpath technology. This information helps assess the VPN performance under specific conditions.

Best regards

shahariar2112_0-1705385537579.png

Here If 1024B is packet size then 890Mbs is what? I can't understand the relation between them. If we can explain this it will be helpful for me.

890 Mbps is throughput 
there is not we can called relation but when cisco engineer test throughput for these series, they must fix some detail like packet size, l4 protocol use and etc. 
then they measure the throughput with add some feature like SI. 
MHM

Thanks for your information. However, I still can't understand the relationship between packet size (1024B) and throughput (890Mbps). If you can explain this to me, it will be helpful for me. I googled it and also used AI, but it was still not clear.

if FW need to inspect packets
the packet is 1000
the packet is 1500 
which packet is faster inspect ?
MHM

1000 packets will be faster to inspect.

so if I want to compare throughput of two firepower can I make one inspect 1000B packet and other inspect 1500B packet 
and then compare?

or I match the packet size and compare ?

I think the answer is in the first case.
My calculation is right or wrong.
The throughput of 890 Mbps in MBps is 890/8 = 111.25 MBps.
That means 111.25MBps/1024B = 111250000 Byte packets per second.
Am I right?

Yes !

Best regards

@Md. Shahariar Rahaman 

The throughput, measured here in Mbps, is the rate at which data can be transmitted through a network. The packet size, on the other hand, represents the amount of data in each individual packet.

Understanding the relationship between throughput and packet size involves considering how many packets can be transmitted per unit of time.

Best regards

The throughput of 890 Mbps in MBps is 890/8 = 111.25 MBps.
That means 111.25MBps/1024B = 111250000 Byte packets per second.
Am I right?

M02@rt37  is correct it is packet size 

check this screen

Screenshot (83).png