Replies

Anyone help me with this topology

nehakumari9ar
Level 1
Level 1

1. Make end to end connectivity first.

1111111111111111111111.png

2. Block the network for these site

1)Make sure that Site 4 will not advirtise any network to Site 5 which it receiving from Site3 routers.

2) On site 5 , when we check routing table of R2 router,  it dont have network of Site3 routers.

ping 147.147.21.1   should be deny and

ping 147.147.21.37  should be reachable.

17 Replies 17

RAdamWilliams
Level 1
Level 1

You're asking for really broad help. Have you started this and are stuck somewhere that we can possibly assist with?

I stuck at router 6 when I am assigning router 6 with area 0 then it's working fine but when I am doing again it with area 37 then it's throwing error of I'd mismatch and continuously it's throwing error in a loop

Can you post your config from R6?

1000200285.jpg

See this console and tell what command should I write here after router ospf 1

According to your diagram you should be putting "network 147.147.21.36 0.0.0.31 area 37" following your pattern. It might be more clear if you put the network IDs instead of the interface IPs but either will work.

Actually I am new in this field and I don't know much about this and I am trying to solve this from 2 days but I didn't get anything. One of my friend told to use GRE tunnel to solve this but I don't know about it. Can you please send me the commands if possible.

Did you try the last command I sent?

I wants to ask you that I should not write 0 at last bit for every router network address?

No, if you do that then they'll all be the same network and the router won't let you.

1000200335.jpg

Now it's not throwing error but i don't know whether I am doing right or not according to the question. Can you guide 

What's your next goal?

Now I have to make sure site 4 does not advertise to any Network to site 5 which it's receiving from site 3 routers so now I have to block these networks so what command should I use?? Because when I am pinging 147.147.21.1 from Site 5 it's giving me reply but I have to block it and my ping of 147.147.21.37 from site 5 is working fine 

I think you can do that by making two different OSPF processes on R5. One of them will be for area 0. One of them will be for Area 99. Then don't redistribute them into one another.

Can you give me the command for this for R3 and R4?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card