Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUBE Trunk_Session licenses for G3 Voice Gateways_ISR_4400

Hi,

I need to add CUBE to a customers 4431-K9 Voice Gateway. I'll add the UC iOS and the CUBE licenses.

But for the latter I noticed something new (?). See below figure.

The 'CLASSIC CUBE OPTIONS' tab also exists and contains the 'classic' CUBE licenses FL-CUBEE-xx.

I can't find any information on those new and different CUBE nominations and when and how to quote those. Not even an ordering guide.

I know the classic redundant and session licenses but now there seems to be an additional TRUNK session and MEDIA PROXY license type?

Anyone have an idea ? And whether or not I should replace the classic CUBEE licenses by those new ones?

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jesusjimenez1
Level 1
Level 1

That make sense when you are designing a new CME. Starting with CUBE version 12.5 (Cisco IOS XE 16.10.1a), all platforms must be registered with a customer’s Cisco Smart Software Management service account and those new license are part of that change.

CUBE Licensing Models

The CUBE features described above are licensed to enable three principal use models:

●     Trunking for service interconnect and protocol interworking. Trunk licenses are available for both standard (single node) and redundant (high-availability pair) network architectures to facilitate site-to-site and PSTN connectivity. Each trunk license enables a single call session in addition to a single forked media session for recording where required.

●     Lineside to enhance the delivery of hosted SIP communications services. Previously only available for the Cisco 800 Series Routers through the NanoCUBE license, CUBE Lineside client licenses are now available for all platforms listed in Table 2.

●     Media Proxy for advanced call recording and compliance solutions. Deployed independently from CUBE platforms configured for trunkside or lineside applications, CUBE Media Proxy allows corporate customers to meet compliance requirements by simultaneously recording or analyzing calls at up to five destinations simultaneously. Each Media Proxy license enables one forked media session in either standard or redundant configurations.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/data-sheet-c78-729692.html#CUBE-Licensing-Models

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jesusjimenez1
Level 1
Level 1

That make sense when you are designing a new CME. Starting with CUBE version 12.5 (Cisco IOS XE 16.10.1a), all platforms must be registered with a customer’s Cisco Smart Software Management service account and those new license are part of that change.

CUBE Licensing Models

The CUBE features described above are licensed to enable three principal use models:

●     Trunking for service interconnect and protocol interworking. Trunk licenses are available for both standard (single node) and redundant (high-availability pair) network architectures to facilitate site-to-site and PSTN connectivity. Each trunk license enables a single call session in addition to a single forked media session for recording where required.

●     Lineside to enhance the delivery of hosted SIP communications services. Previously only available for the Cisco 800 Series Routers through the NanoCUBE license, CUBE Lineside client licenses are now available for all platforms listed in Table 2.

●     Media Proxy for advanced call recording and compliance solutions. Deployed independently from CUBE platforms configured for trunkside or lineside applications, CUBE Media Proxy allows corporate customers to meet compliance requirements by simultaneously recording or analyzing calls at up to five destinations simultaneously. Each Media Proxy license enables one forked media session in either standard or redundant configurations.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/data-sheet-c78-729692.html#CUBE-Licensing-Models

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card