cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy config file to a new router

jhalket
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to copy a config file from one router to another.

I have the original config in a text file but when I copy it to the other router around half of the lines show up as an error and can't be read. The configuration file is fine because the original router works fine.

Both routers are ciscoASA5505

Only difference I can see is the ASA version (ASA Version 9.0(1) on original and ASA Version 8.2(5) on the one I'm copying to could this be the issue? How do I update?

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Directives can sometimes change between versions or become obsolete , the working ones will usually remain, use command completion with  to find correct syntax of the intended commands on the targeted platform (e.g.) If needed post details of the stuff that is not working.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello
The syntax for the newer 9.1 code is different to the older 8.2 as such that would be why you are most probably seeing those errors

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

What marce and paul said is the most likely reason. However, sometimes If you just send all configuration to the console, there might be that the parser get overloaded, and misses something, then you get errors. If you send just small parts of the config at times, parser will not get overloaded

/Mikael

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card