cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with dynamic routing

danilo-mugosa04
Level 1
Level 1

Why I cant send packet to same vlan on the different router ? 

6 Replies 6

Hello,

I opened your file. From where (source IP) to where (destination IP) do you want to send a packet ?

I want to send packets from PC from one vlan to another PC which is on the same vlan but on another router 

Hello,

you need to add a static host route, e.g. on Router0:

Router(config)#ip route 192.168.30.30 255.255.255.255 serial0/1/0

Keep in mind that your access list ZABRANA blocks all ICMP traffic, you need to remove that as well.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Because source and destination are on the same network, the same side, 192.168.10.x/24. Router drops packets that came from same side.  Use show ip route connected for all network connected 

If u want a PC with 192.168.10.10/24 pinging other company PC with 192.168.10.30/24 over 1 or more routers you would need a NAT/PAT - like we have it at home.  We could be using same IP on the same network but our home router/cable modem (typically all-in-one box) does PAT before sending packet over the Internet.  This is like 2 different companies could communicate over the Internet. 

If ur lab meant to be the same company, then u need right side (or left side) to have different network IDs. Vlan names or numbers do not matter, just network ID and IPs. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **   

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot separate a L2 domain, by L3 routers, unless you tunnel L2 between them.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card