cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with routing vlans

danilo-mugosa04
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me how do I do routing here ? it does not matter if it is static or dynamic I just want to ping same vlans and also I dont want to have different vlans to be pinged

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I configured tunnels and static host routes (see revised file attached). 192.168.30.10 can now oing 192.168.30.30...

Not sure if that is what you are looking for...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

I configured tunnels and static host routes (see revised file attached). 192.168.30.10 can now oing 192.168.30.30...

Not sure if that is what you are looking for...

Martin L
VIP
VIP

this looks the same as ur previous post; so my answer is the same 

Because source and destination are on the same network, the same side, 192.168.10.x/24. Router drops packets that came from same side.  Use show ip route connected for all network connected 

If u want a PC with 192.168.10.10/24 pinging other company PC with 192.168.10.30/24 over 1 or more routers you would need a NAT/PAT - like we have it at home.  We could be using same IP on the same network but our home router/cable modem (typically all-in-one box) does PAT before sending packet over the Internet.  This is like 2 different companies could communicate over the Internet. 

If ur lab meant to be the same company, then u need right side (or left side) to have different network IDs. Vlan names or numbers do not matter, just network ID and IPs. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card