Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Design proposal for Bank

TeeJama
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am new to Wireless Networks please help me with project. I am struggling with correctly constructing my network diagram.

A network proposal has to be developed for a new bank called Wirenet bank. The bank will have a main office, which will be located in Pretoria, and 5 branch offices to be located in Tzaneen, Kandla, Polokwane, Mahikeng, and Malelane. The bank will have an application server, which is used by its customers across South Africa for online transactions. All the branches must have high speed internet connection, reliable, scalable, and secured network. They will be approximately 100 users in each of the branch offices and 200 users in the main office. Some of the servers that will be hosted at main office include web, mail ,dhcp, dns, domain controller ,financial server ,document management server ,FTP , Cisco Call Manager , any many more . Some of these servers will be also hosted at Business Connexion’s Data center for redundancy or back-up purpose. The reliable, secured, and scalable Wireless network will be implemented in all the branches and main office.

Tasks: Design a network solution for the bank.
1. Draft a workable project plan 

2. Identify the hardware components required to setup both the wired and wireless network for the Bank &Explain the reason for choosing those components

3. High availability should be available to the application server and other servers, which is accessible using https protocol.

4. The servers must be setup in a secure manner with network and host level protection.

5. All traffic into the application server should be scanned for security attacks.

6. IP network design for the branch and main offices.

7. IP addressing range for users and hardware components.

8. The users at different locations should be able to access each other, including the servers.

9. Identify the features and methodology which would be followed to achieve the solution.

10. Network Topology diagram.

11. Your wireless network solution must meet the enterprise requirement/standard.

12. Include Internet service providers

13. Configure the routers ,switches and all wireless network devices

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I believe you can check this if the lecturer but I think it is ok to represent with one PC, surely dont make sense use too much PCs, this makes the topology  difficult to handle and PacketTracer crashes sometimes when we overload the devices.

About the question two, well, if the requirement is wireless I believe you should use wireless.

View solution in original post

No, end devices only and Access Points. The infrastructure will always be cabled network. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi @TeeJama 

What did you do so far?

There is another similar post here on the forum you may benefit from

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/cisco-packet-tracer-bank-network-topology-diagram/m-p/4619617#M367515

This got to be a very popular assignment!

proj1.jpg

Good job @TeeJama . Is there anything specific you need help with? 

1. Is it okay to represent the 100 users with 2 pc then on each department add dhcp server 

2. Since the lecturer said it must be a wireless network  must I only connect the end devices (pc, printers and phone) wirelessly or it must be everything

TeeJama
Level 1
Level 1

1. Is it okay to represent the 100 users with 2 pc then on each department add dhcp server 

2. Since the lecturer said it must be a wireless network  must I only connect the end devices (pc,printers and phone) wirelessly or it must be everything  

I believe you can check this if the lecturer but I think it is ok to represent with one PC, surely dont make sense use too much PCs, this makes the topology  difficult to handle and PacketTracer crashes sometimes when we overload the devices.

About the question two, well, if the requirement is wireless I believe you should use wireless.

wireless on the end devices(pc, phone and printer) only ? or the whole network 

No, end devices only and Access Points. The infrastructure will always be cabled network. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card