Views
Helpful
Replies

Some questions about Wan bridge mode and firewall router on cisco RV340W

Alex Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Firstly, my apologies if my topic is on the wrong section of forum.

I have create an internal network with my Cisco RV340W. This RV340W is connected at the internet service provider router and distribute the network in my house with some rules to the connection. All works perfectly.

On the WAN2 port of my cisco router, I have connected the TV system from my internet service provider router. I have configure the WAN2 to bridge mode to a special VLAN ( vlan3 ) and dedicated at special port ( port 4 ).

to schematize :

ISP router --> Port Wan2 bridge mode (cisco router) --> Vlan3 ( LAN dedicated to TV ) on port LAN 4 on the cisco router --> TV decoder from ISP.

Again, all works perfectly. I wanna apply some cisco firewall rules on the WAN2 port and VLAN3 to cut the TV signal at some hours in the day but, the firewall rules don't works. ( configuration is : denied all to WAN2 at VLAN3 and VLAN3 to WAN2 ).

However, the TV stream isn't cut. My question is :

- TV stream isn't cut because the firewall cant apply rules on the WAN2 bridge mode?

or

- Firewall cant block this unknow tv protocol?

And finally, what do you suggest?

Thanks for your help!

Rei

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alex Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, to solve my problem, when you are sure to your tv decoder have an IP assigned by the router, you need to activate the IGMP proxy to allow IP multicast.

in my case:

WAN 2 = upstream

Vlan3 = downstream

And it's work perfectly!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Alex Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, to solve my problem, when you are sure to your tv decoder have an IP assigned by the router, you need to activate the IGMP proxy to allow IP multicast.

in my case:

WAN 2 = upstream

Vlan3 = downstream

And it's work perfectly!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card