Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9300 DNA Expiration

I'm going to renew my DNA for C9300 switches, but I see that I can only renew DNA through March 2025.  I have read that after expiration the switch will continue to function, but I would lose Network Advantage rights.  My license shows as perpetual though, so I'm lead to believe this will continue to work indefinitely.

network-advantage (C9300-24 Network Advantage):
Description: C9300-24 Network Advantage
Count: 2
Version: 1.0
Export status: NOT RESTRICTED
Feature Name: network-advantage
Feature Description: C9300-24 Network Advantage
Enforcement type: NOT ENFORCED
License type: Perpetual

Can anyone explain what will happen after expiration?

Thanks,

Brian

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are not using DNAC,  then I will ignore.

Licensing

Packaging: Network and Cisco DNA licensing

The Cisco Catalyst 9000 family of switches introduces a new and simplified licensing package in the form of base and add-on licenses.

●    The perpetual licensing package includes the Network Essentials and Network Advantage licensing options that are tied to the hardware. Between them, the base licensing packages cover switching fundamentals, management automation, troubleshooting, and advanced switching features. These Network licenses are perpetual.

●    The subscription licensing package includes the Cisco DNA Essentials and Cisco DNA Advantage options. In addition to on-box capabilities, the features available with this package provide Cisco innovations on the switch, as well as on Cisco DNA Center. The Cisco DNA subscription licenses are mandatory at the time of configuration. With Cisco DNA software licenses, customers receive embedded SWSS – which covers 24x7x365 Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support, software release updates, advanced support analytics, and designated service management. This is valid only for the Cisco DNA software subscription stacks (Cisco DNA Essentials, Advantage, and Premier).

https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_uk/products/software/dna-subscription-switching/en-sw-sub-matrix-switching.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Network advantage is perpetual. it will not expire. it will effective till end of support of device

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB