cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Provisioning Fabric Border - code NCSO20143

adamruncie
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, I'm trying to provision a fabric device as a border node, and I get the following error:

Failed to add device SW400-1.adamlab.local to the Fabric Site/Zone since 'ip routing' is not configured on the device. Please configure ip routing on the device, resync and retry the operation.

I've checked on the CLI of the devices that are doing this (SW400 above isn't the only one), and ip routing is indeed enabled (in fact its successfully using OSPF to even get to DNAC.  If I look at the configuration of the device within DNAC, even DNAC sees the "ip routing" command is present.  I've resynced countless times.  Any ideas?

11 Replies 11

open SR in TAC. i wonder what is your DNAC & switch(s) SW?

Raju255265
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar problem too , I am using DNAC 2.3.3.5 and Cat9k virtual images

Failed to add device C9KBCN1.gnclab.local to the Fabric Site/Zone since 'ip routing' is not configured on the device. Please configure ip routing on the device, resync and retry the operation

what IGP do u use in underlay?
btw, pinged u in private :0)

Hey guys - just so you both are aware, I never actually found a "fix" to the issue.  This was something running in a lab ESXi host with DNAC 2.3.3.x (cannot remember exactly which sub version it was) -- so it was not an official DNAC appliance.  Unfortunately, I just rebuilt it as 2.3.5.x and used the same virtual Cat9k images and it worked.  CC @Raju255265 for visibility

Hi Adam (right?)
previously u've said your IGP used to be ospf. with new DNAC SW do u still use ospf as IGP?
BTW pinged u in private :0)

Yep still using OSPF!

well. them my idea is that your previous dnac sw has been checking against presence of is-is as IGP.
but we wont know :0)

Hi team. Catalyst Cetner does not check for ISIS in underlay. You can use whatever routing protocol in underlay (static, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS), there is no rules or checks regarding underlay IGP. The error message shared suggested the "ip routing" CLI was not enabled, which from the conversation was not a correct error message. It was not supported to run on ESXi in 2.3.3 so it might have been a nuance of an unsupported configuration, or something else.

Raju255265
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot both of you for the quick response. 

Apologies for the typo, I am actually using  DNAC Version 2.3.3.7-72328 ( Virtual) 

I am running BGP between Border and Fusion firewall , and BGP is currently up and running. 

Could be a bug in 2.3.3.x as its been fixed in 2.3.5 for Adam.

there ware rumours that bgp is best proto on sda perimeter. i'd say it's true 

Raju255265
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All , this has been fixed after upgrading catalyst center to 2.3.7.4 , there must be a bug in 2.3.3.x