Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA - replace fabric switches with different model

Michael Warren
Level 1
Level 1
Cisco DNA Center Version 2.3.3.7-72328

We have a use case where we'd like to swap a C9500-24Y4C for a C9500-48Y4C. Is this possible in DNAC, or would the new 48 port switch need to be added to the inventory/fabric site, assigned the fabric role[s] before the 24 port switch demoted and removed from the fabric?

We have one use case where we'd like to to swap a combined Control Plane / Border Node.

We also have another use case where we'd like to swap a C9500-24Y4C for a C9600 - is this possible?

thanks in advance, Michael
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael, there is some work happening in this space, but there's nothing available today. For roadmap please speak with your sales or CX contact. For now  you'll need to provision the new devices separately please. Thanks, Jerome

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael, there is some work happening in this space, but there's nothing available today. For roadmap please speak with your sales or CX contact. For now  you'll need to provision the new devices separately please. Thanks, Jerome

Hi Jerome, is something available today? I need to replace border/cp node 9500-48 with 9500-24. What is the best approach available today?

Hi Michal, you'll need to add the new switch as a new BN and then delete the old BN, or vice versa. There is no workflow to replace one switch with a similar-but-not-the-same switch. Regards, Jerome

How it should look like? I would like to use the same edge node's uplinks so I think I can remove BN, CP and WLC from current border node. How can I release IP addresses from current border node downlinks and from edge nodes uplinks to be able use LAN Automation for addressing links between edge nodes and a new border node?

I think maybe another question along the same lines is, how can we gracefully conduct a supervisor upgrade for Catalyst 9400 to the newer variant.