cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FCoE over VXLAN

VNi
Level 1
Level 1

I have had no luck finding a design or config guide for FCoE over VXLAN in leaf and spine arch.

I was told, by Cisco Sales that it is easy to run FCoE over VXLAN because it is just FC traffic carried by ethernet.

Did anyone have an experience with this? Can anyone share his thoughts on this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- It still applies for those too , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/pf/configuration/guide/b-pf-configuration/b-pf-configuration_chapter_01111.html
  >....FCoE over the VXLAN fabric is not supported. However, FCoE and VXLAN can co-exist. FCoE and VXLAN services are provided on separate ports

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

VNi
Level 1
Level 1

Tnx M, I forgot to mention that we are using 9Ks 93108yc-fx for leafs.

- It still applies for those too , 

M.

VNi
Level 1
Level 1

After some research and talking to Cisco FCoE over VXLAN definitely is not supported.