Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 1300 Dynamic ARP Inspection causes IPv6 performance issue

MC08
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a C1300, I use it as my IPv4 and IPv6 gateway for internal routing. It has a default gateway to another router for internet access. If I perform an IPv6 speedtest with the c1300 as my gateway for IPv6 then I get around 1Mb, this is strange, as if I change my gateway to the other VDSL router (link-local next hop) then I get 70Mb, which is what I pay for and get all day long with IPv4.

This has been driving me mad as I need the C1300 to do the routing for IPv6 for other services I run. I did some testing, turning off lots of IPv6 services, still the same... I then turned off IPv4 dynamic arp inspection, which is used for IPv4 only? as soon as I turn off DIA and run a speedtest I get the full 70Mb via the c1300.....

If I toggle DIA on and off whilst performing a speedtest you can see the data rate go down to 1Mb and toggled back off, goes to 70Mb.

Bug? I suspect so, not sure why DIA for IPv4 would cause IPv6 to stall but it does and I can reproduce it.

Firmware is 4.1.0.76 and switch is Catalyst 1300 Series Managed Switch, 16-port GE, PoE, 2x1G SFP (C1300-16P-2G).

Many thanks for any help!

0 Replies 0