jsearson
Level 1
Level 1

Can a Cisco Webex Room Kit Pro connect to a zoom session

21 Replies 21

JJ77
Level 1
Level 1

Yes ! Room kit PRO or any other Cisco video endpoints supports standard SIP and H.323 dialing (provided the video endpoints are configured to reach external addresses)

In most cases Zoom invite includes SIP and H.323 addresses.

Alternatively click on foll. link for more info on integration 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003126346-Zoom-Connector-for-Cisco

Correct though one must have a licensed Zoom account + CRC licesnes. 

KenaAustin65453
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don't think it was answered.

But I wanted to know if there is a solution to the following.

I have a 10 Cisco Room kits that are registered to the cloud.  Internally we are using Webex App, with hybrid calendar setup.

We have clients that use Teams, Google and Zoom.

For Teams and Google we are using WebRTC so this is functioning.

Concerning zoom.  I need a solution since WebRTC does not exist.

What is required is that if I receive an Zoom invitation that I can somehow us our Room Kit to join the meeting.

I've been reading that CRC is a way to go but it seems like the way this works is that I will connect my Room Kit to the zoom cloud and I will loose the Webex functionality.   I also read that I could call the Sip address in the invite but I don't see this option in the invites that we receive.  I only see the following. 

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us05web.zoom.us/j/82722019772?pwd=TUlMcDkyZ0w3L0YzcmRueGNHd2NmZz09

What I'm trying to accomplish, is it possible?

Thanks

It's actually really easy if the Zoom host has CRC as it's just a SIP call. I actually built a small custom UI button to make it easy on the users.
Try this: press the call button & enter meetingID@zoomcrc.com

Hi Jim,

Really appreciate the quick response and information.

But in my case most of our clients don't have this this CRC license.

Is there a way for me to go around this problem? For example, if I purchase a zoom license and a CRC license do you know if this can be used to bridge my Webex cloud room kit into a zoom call?

Thanks 

The root of this problem is because Zoom doesn't actually use WebRTC, so implementing direct join to Zoom on Cisco without CRC (i.e. SIP) is not as clear cut as it was for MS Teams. That being said, I feel like it could still be developed by Cisco to work from RoomOS, but until they announce it, workarounds it is.

To answer your question, there are a few workarounds:

1. (and what I see the most) You could purchase your own Zoom licenses with CRC and host the meetings yourself for your clients. They shouldn't bawk at this because it's still a Zoom meeting - unless they need to own the recordings.

Or,

2. USB-C Passthrough - connect your computer to the room endpoint and join the Zoom meeting from your PC. With passthrough, you can utilize the room equipment (camera(s), mic(s), etc.) as peripherals for your PC, so it still feels like a typical video meeting in the room.

EDIT:

Or,

3. I just stumbled upon this. You can use your own Zoom CRC license to join a Zoom meeting hosted by someone else that doesn't have the CRC license. Might not be the most user-friendly method though, but it's possible! https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360022698332-Using-the-Attendee-s-CRC-license 

sduea2011
Level 1
Level 1
Hi there,
We have a Cisco infrastructure and many Cisco RK and RKPros on our network. We made the decision to use PolyRealconnect for OneTouchDialing as well as to enable dialing from vid endpoint into TEAMS by our vid endpoints. You don’t have to have RealConnect, but you do have to purchase the Conference Room Connector (CRC) from Zoom. Once that is in place, the SIP URI will then appear on invites for on and off/net users to dial in. Since your cloud registered, if you have the units connected to your calendaring system, you should be able to say, “Ok Webex, connect my meeting” or join the meeting using the touch panel. BUT you will likely have to enter the passcode manually regardless. With RealConnect, our users just have to press a Join button that’s available 10 min prior to start time. It certainly is possible, but you or the business setting up the Zoom invite MUST have CRC with appropriate licenses in order to get any SIP/H323 video unit into a Zoom call.

Hope that helps! I’d be happy to meet or chat if you have any other questions. We rolled out the Zoom CRC and polyRealConnect to our 500 endpoints a little over a year ago. I have a deep understanding of how to address restricted rooms and how to navigate other obstacles
Shelly Duea
Service Delivery Manager | GUS Smart Spaces

Medtronic
8200 Coral Sea Street NE, Mounds View, MN 55441
Mobile 612.250.6305 |
shelly.r.duea@medtronic.com
medtronic.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube

LET’S TAKE HEALTHCARE
FURTHER, TOGETHER