cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LIC-SMP+ with no PAK or option key

hengduzhang
Level 1
Level 1

I recently ordered some license under TP-SMP-K9.

following is the odering list.

Then I received some E-delivery license.But there is NO PAK with LIC-SMP+and LIC-SMP-STARTERKIT.

Only LIC-VMCNDTR-PMP-PK ,LIC-EXPE-PMP-PAK ,LIC-CMS-PAK,LIC-SW-EXP-K9 ,LIC-EXP-E-PAK,LIC-CNDTR-PMP-K9,LIC-TMS-PMP-PAK,

I opened a case with licensing@cisco.com  But Tac said there is NO PAK with these two license.If there is no PAK I can't have a valid option key.

How can I install SMP to Conductor now?

11 Replies 11

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd suggest you contact your Account Manager and also continue to work with TAC on how to approach this issue, what exactly you're supposed to do etc.

Dear Patrick:

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know  is there any difference between  LIC-SMP+ and LIC-TP-SMP?

Accoding to the document in Cisco Multiparty Licensing At-a-Glance I can only find LIC-TP-SMP.

And accoding to the document in Cisco Multiparty Video Conferencing & Licensing there is a LIC-SMP+ under TP-SMP-K9.

I think it maybe the same licnese which can be added in Conductor.So Shared multiparty license should have a PAK or option key.

Am I right?

Waiting for your reply.

I looks like it could be a typo in the At a Glance document, where it says LIC-TP-SMP, that's probably meant to be LIC-SMP+.

Regarding the Conductor PAKs, I have no idea, you should contact your Account Manager and their team should be able to help sort out what you need or if there are any misunderstandings anywhere with how you're supposed to deploy Conductor with SMP+.

Dear Patrick:

Thank you for your reply.

I have contact my AM and TAC then soloved this problem.

Thank you anyway.

Whenever you find out what you're supposed to do, let us know.

Salim Ghoggal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hengduzhang,

I have the same issue.
Could you tell me please how do you resolve the problem ?

Best regards

Salim

I actually just recently purchased SMP+ myself, and received PAKs for each license (see below).

• Cisco TelePresence Conductor
    • LIC-VMCNDTR-PMP-PK
  • Cisco Meeting Server (Acano)
    • LIC-CMS-PAK

We migrated from SMP to SMP+, but I wouldn't think it would matter how you purchased SMP+.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I open a case and they send me the correct PAK regarding TP-SMP-K9

Best regards

Salim

Hi Patrick,
I still have the same issue

In details, I purchase the followings

01 LIC-TP-SMP-EP
01 TP-SMP-K9 (starter kit)

We have
01 BE6000 where we install a T Conductor, CUCM, TMS
01 VTS (MM 410v)

Our purpose with the 2 licenses is the ability to have 2 meetings at a time.

As is mentioned in the Cisco Multiparty Conferencing and Licensing for CMR Premises, in case we purchase the first license, we need to purchase also the second one.

We do not receive the PAK for the first license until I open a ticket yesterday.
In my last answer I tell you that we receive the TP-SMP-K9 PAK but it was a mistake.

I receive also
01 PAK for LIC-VMCNDTR-PMP-PK
01 PAK FOR LIC-TMS-PMP-PAK
02 PAKs for LIC-EXPE-PMP-PAK

The support tell me that TP-SMP-K9 has no PAK and we have to use those PAKs
We generate a License key for the first PAK and obtain
LIC-CNDTR-PMP-B30
LIC-CNDTR-PMP-CL
LIC-CNDR-PMP-C2400  

Do you have any idea on how to associate the other PAKs (with TMS and Expressway ?)

We add the license from the LIC-TP-SMP-EP to the T Conductor and we can reach a meeting room but only one endpoint can call. The second one is only in audio

Regards
Sali

Based on what I received when I ordered the SMP Starer Kit last year, the PAKs you should have received are:

• 1 LIC-TMS-PMP-PAK
    • LIC-TMS-10-INCL
    • LIC-TMS-25-PMP
    • LIC-TMS-EX25-PMP
  • 2 LIC-CNDTR-PMP-K9
  • 2 LIC-VMCNDTR-PMP-PK
    • LIC-CNDR-PMP-C2400
    • LIC-CNDTR-PMP-CL
    • LIC-CNDTR-PMP-B30
  • 2 LIC-EXPE-PMP-PAK
    • LIC-EXP-MSFT-PMP

If you only ordered 1 LIC-TP-SMP-EP, than you only ordered one SMP and not two.  Are you trying to call into the same conference, or a different conference?  Is Multiparty licensing enabled on Conductor?

Hi Patrick,

I read one of your old post here https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12751021/telepresence-shared-multiparty-license-question

And I understand my mistake about the conference number (only 1). The problem is that a Cisco presale engineer confirm to me before we purchase that the TP-SMP-K9 provide also a SMP license. But it is another problem and I will discuss with him later

We add the LIC-TP-SMP-EP license in the Conductor and enable the Multiparty licensing (in Maintenance > Options keys).

I ask my colleague to check the configuration as I a not on site.

Salim