Replies

TMS 15.1 does not respect Preferred Protocol in Routing

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

TMS 15.1

C-series: TC7.2.1, TC7.3.4

SX20 and 80: TC7.3.4 and EC8.01

All end-points registered to VCS with both H.323 and SIP addresses.

TMS Conference Settings/Advanced Settings: Preferred Protocol in Routing: H.323

Default call protocol set on all end-points: H.323

When creating new conferences, connection setting is set as "SIP" despite the above preference, changing this to H.323 does not change the dial string from Alias@domain to the preferred Alias without any suffix.

I can't see anything in the TMS open/resolved issues list, so, before I open a case with TAC, has anyone else already opened a case, or found a way to fix this? (We did not see this issue in TMS 14.4.x)

Thanks/cheers

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jens,

I can't seem to replicate your issue here.  I have endpoints dual registered on my VCSes, and when scheduling them in TMS 15.1.0 it's showing as H.323 in the Connection Settings.

If I click the "Settings" under Action on the far right hand side of the Connections Settings screen in TMS, I can change it to "IP - SIP" and the addresses used change to SIP, and if I change it back to "IP - H.323", it changes back to the H.323 addresses. 

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jens,

I can't seem to replicate your issue here.  I have endpoints dual registered on my VCSes, and when scheduling them in TMS 15.1.0 it's showing as H.323 in the Connection Settings.

If I click the "Settings" under Action on the far right hand side of the Connections Settings screen in TMS, I can change it to "IP - SIP" and the addresses used change to SIP, and if I change it back to "IP - H.323", it changes back to the H.323 addresses. 

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne, very much appreciated. :)

Too make this even stranger; it appears the Singapore based techs are not having this issue. Starting to wonder if it's something as simple as a browser issue, better look into that when back at work in the morning.

/jens

I did submit a "possible bug" in 15.1 report to Cisco TAC a while back, however, upgrading TMS to 15.2 fixed the issue for us.

/jens