Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Cisco codec can use CVI licenses?

Simone Reggi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know which Cisco codec can use the CVI licenses.

And, what is the difference from an old codec and the new Cisco Room Bar embedded with Teams interoperability?

Thanks to all

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The CVI license is based on how many Rooms/workspace will use to connect to a Teams meeting through CVI Gateway (Microsoft Teams). As you will see in the CVI deployment Guide, you will assign the ablity to add an alternative mode to access to a Teams meeting to your Teams users (pay attention to the Powershell command suggested by the Cisco's CVI Deployment Guide that uses "Global" as assignement option and a couple of rows below suggest how to specify a single user with "-identity" option ...  it's up to you). Once you deploy it and invite a Workspace (Scheduling option on Webex Control Hub) it will uses the assigned devices to send the link to let them to show the "Magic" green button .

No difference on device model that uses CVI GW.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

CVI or Cisco VIMT (Video Integration Microsoft Teams) is codec indipendent so all Cisco Codecs can use it.

What makes difference on codec compatibility is the Native Microsoft Teams Room that you can find here https://www.webex.com/solutions/microsoft-teams-rooms-cisco-devices.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hello Carlo,

thanks for your answer.

A quick example, just to understand better:

If I organize a Microsoft Teams meeting on Cisco TelePresence SX10, I need use a CVI license.

If I organize a Microsoft Teams meeting on Cisco Roombar Pro, I don't need other supplementary license.

Is it correct?

Thanks

regards

It depends on if you use CVI to connect to the meeting or not. There is nothing that makes the codec that has compatibility for Native Microsoft Teams Room to actually use that, it all depends on how you go about to connect to the meeting.

Response Signature

Hi,

The CVI license is based on how many Rooms/workspace will use to connect to a Teams meeting through CVI Gateway (Microsoft Teams). As you will see in the CVI deployment Guide, you will assign the ablity to add an alternative mode to access to a Teams meeting to your Teams users (pay attention to the Powershell command suggested by the Cisco's CVI Deployment Guide that uses "Global" as assignement option and a couple of rows below suggest how to specify a single user with "-identity" option ...  it's up to you). Once you deploy it and invite a Workspace (Scheduling option on Webex Control Hub) it will uses the assigned devices to send the link to let them to show the "Magic" green button .

No difference on device model that uses CVI GW.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Simone Reggi
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you guys.

regards

Glad to help and thanks for nice rating.

If you have further questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Carlo