Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Enterprise Group Search Does Not Show Any Results

jecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running CUCM 11.0.1.20000-2 / IM & P 11.0.1.10000-6 with Jabber for windows client 11.5.  I've setup the new enterprise directory group feature based off the following guide: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12590331/enterprise-group-configuration-jabber.

I can see the groups in CUCM via User Management -> User Settings -> User groups.  I'm running my jabber client in EDI mode and I've verified the AD groups are distribution groups.  I've also verified that I'm searching with at least 3 letters.

Any ideas what I could be missing or what I could check next?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's weird, I have it configured and got it working with no problem, does the LDAP integration shows up fine under connection status??

If you configured a different LDAP search base for Jabber, are you sure you're looking at the right OU??

Have you tried to reset jabber and try again??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the post. 

Yes the LDAP integration shows as connected under Jabber connection status.  I can search the directory just fine for users. 

I verified that my search OU for Jabber and for CUCM is the same and it's searching the top level of active directory.

The only interesting thing I'm doing is mapping the ip phone field to the telephone number in the jabber-config.xml file, but I wouldn't think that would create a problem.  I've defined my AD search settings in the jabber-config.xml and not in the UC service profile in CUCM.

I have tried to reset Jabber, no luck. 

No, that should not make a difference, or at least I don't think so, I guess you would need to try to add the groups and then pull a PRT to find out if it's a connectivity error, or something else.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate