Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection Unified Messaging for Distribution Group

e_garcia21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am running Unity Connection 11.5.1.12900-21. We have 3 physical phones, Cisco 7841, that are assigned to 3 different people with the same job title. I need to configure Unified Messaging to send voicemail messages via email to the Distribution Group they are in so that they all have access to the voicemails. We use Exchange 2013 for email. When I click test under the "Edit Unified Messaging Account" page in CUC Administration, I received a failure to access the distribution group email on the exchange server with the error: "The SMTP address has no mailbox associated with it". Has anyone run into this before and can it be corrected to work as desired?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I found a similar thread. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/7475f2c2-dc31-4b95-928a-5260df2e0d59/exchange-distribution-list-not-recieving-cisco-unity-voice-messages?forum=exchangesvrgeneral

what I found is, DL will not receive any VM email from Unity because it is not contain a Mailbox. only Mailbox are recognized by UCS. the one working in my environment was a mailbox with a forwarding enabled to the DL. its not a proper solution because to may using your EOP license.

the proper solution is to enable UCS distribution list to send email.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***