Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciso CUCM Licensing (CUWL vs UCL)

jimihendrix1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I'm on CUCM 11.5 and I have purchased 100 CUWL licenses but none of my users have extension mobility enabled thus don"t have any devices assigned to them. Essentially CUWL will only be used for phone registration, in my case 100 phones. Also no Jabber or Unity Connection will be used whatsoever. 

What license will be occupied in CUCM?  Will it be Enhanced UCL?

Many Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if you have multiple  devices( more than 3) configured with same OWNER-ID,  one CUWl license will be consumed. it you have two devices with same OWNER-ID, it consume ENHANCED + license

if there is only one device under the OWNER-ID or if you keep it ANONYMOUS  the license consumed will be based on the device type.(ENHANCED,BASIC,ESSENTIAL)

If your requirement is enhanced license  but if you have CUWL or ENHANCED  license installed and available, Enhanced will be borrowed from UPPER Tier which your CUWL/ENHANCED +.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

if you have multiple  devices( more than 3) configured with same OWNER-ID,  one CUWl license will be consumed. it you have two devices with same OWNER-ID, it consume ENHANCED + license

if there is only one device under the OWNER-ID or if you keep it ANONYMOUS  the license consumed will be based on the device type.(ENHANCED,BASIC,ESSENTIAL)

If your requirement is enhanced license  but if you have CUWL or ENHANCED  license installed and available, Enhanced will be borrowed from UPPER Tier which your CUWL/ENHANCED +.

Response Signature