Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM AD Integration

jon_taylor1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

This maybe a silly question,..have a large cluster here that has always used manual user config.  If we were to look at AD integration (mainly for authentication purposes), is there actually a way to prevent the telephone number held in AD from changing the DN we have in CUCM,. or are we stuck with correcting/cleaning up data in AD before we look at integration ?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFAIK you can not skip it as such. You have the possibility to modify what field that is use to populate the phone number between these two values.

image.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Synchronisation of users would actually not do anything with the directory numbers in CM as such. It’s only a means to get users populated in CM.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,. Thanks, sorry I wasn't clear in my original post,.  yes I realise the DN's assigned to users aren't affected,  however I understand the telephone number field is? ,. is this possible to skip ?

AFAIK you can not skip it as such. You have the possibility to modify what field that is use to populate the phone number between these two values.

image.png

Response Signature

Thanks again Roger,  I guess we could test and see what happens if we chose ipPhone (not used in AD) ,..  to see if that would actually overwrite the existing value..   otherwise it looks like we need to have AD cleaned up.

In general the recommendation would be to have the correct data in your directory system.

Response Signature