Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Licensing Support

kstpeter1
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I'm hoping this question will provide a simple answer. We are running CUCM version 8.6 as a VM Recently that VM crashed which led to us having to restore Call Manger to a previous date. While rebuilding, the technician assisting me, pointed out the NTP server was outdated and proceeded to change it without telling me the implications of that. Now, with Call Manager rebuilt, I am in a licensing grace period before Call Manager stops functioning. According to the warning message anyway. I have not been able to get a viable response from this technician, who was our "support" for Cisco VOIP technology, as to what we need to do. According to him, it is a licensing issue that resulted in the NTP server change. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. We are now down to only 5 days. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to have your license rehosted to the new LICENSE MAC that changed when you used a new NTP for the CUCM config.That is the expected behavior when you change one of the parameters from which the LICENSE MAC is derived from.

Either you change it back to the old value, or have it rehosted.

Reach Cisco Licensing team for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to have your license rehosted to the new LICENSE MAC that changed when you used a new NTP for the CUCM config.That is the expected behavior when you change one of the parameters from which the LICENSE MAC is derived from.

Either you change it back to the old value, or have it rehosted.

Reach Cisco Licensing team for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have reached out to Licensing Support and opened a case. Thanks for your guidance.