cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

not that simple to use FXO and add ISR ?

Ditmar Tavares
Level 1
Level 1

my branch office has one phone.

such phone is a Digital phone "Alcatel Lucent 4019" -- this phone is connected to a PBX that is not managed by me.

I have a ISR2019 router on my branch, my ISR2901 has 2 ports FXO card installed.

I have unplugged the RJ11 from the back of the "Alcatel Lucent 4019" and connected the RJ11 directly into the FXO of ISR2901.

I have configured the ISR as remote-site in my CUCM environment. (muti-site with centralized call agent)

my problem.

inbound calls : when I place an inbound calls from PSTN, there is no ring, and I see no activity on the ISR

outbound calls : when I place a call to PSTN, I see the FXO going up, but the called party does not ring. at the same time the call shows connected.

configuration of my FXO

voice port 0/1/0

signal loop

cptone FR

direct-inward-dial

connection plar xxxx

called-id enabled

impedance complex 2

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming-called-number .

port 0/1/0

my question is :

from the L1 perspective,  is there any issue connecting the FXO to a PBX and get the calls from the PBX ?

from the L1 perspective, could the fact that the "Alcatel Lucent 4019" a digital phone, meaning I need a different interface than the FXO , which is analog ?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do a quick google search on FXS vs FXO to understand each interface

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

what do you think I missed?, I have done the research and believe it should be working, however none of my reading are really the scenario of connecting ISR directly with PBX .