cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Not Registering in Unified Communications

kstpeter1
Level 1
Level 1

I have verified that enough licenses are available for adding a new phone and the device shows active and trusted, but will not register. I was under the impression that licenses are not model specific. Normally we use 7965 and 6921 models.. The device in question is a 6941. Not certain what other factors could be causing the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you added it as a 6941? i.e. not used a template for a 6921 or something?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you been able to add the device in to CUCM? If so, licensing is not an issue.

What messages are displayed on the phone? What do you see in the status history on it?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The device appears to be added successfully and, looking at the license unit report, has been licensed properly. The display on the phone just says registration rejected and device settings in CUCM says rejected beside registration. MAC address has been verified. Device shows as active and trusted.

Have you added it as a 6941? i.e. not used a template for a 6921 or something?

This was an oversight on my part. I noticed when the phone was first added, the template was copied from a 6921 model. I deleted and added the phone back as a 6941 but failed to reset the phone. I didn't physically have the phone with me. It was relocated to another site and once plugged in, came right up.Thanks for the responses. Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Yes Aaron, I believe that was the problem but since I failed to reset the phone completely, I'm guessing it never updated correctly. Thanks!

Also, not sure how to view status history on the device but it is brand new.

Hi ,

double check if the IP Phone received the correct network configuration from the DHCP, specially TFTP IP Addr.

Hope this helps.