Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running CUCM Subscriber without Publisher

In a disaster environment, how long can a CUCM or IM&P Subscriber run without seeing the Publishers?  I know no changes can be made.

And how long can a CUC Secondary or CER Secondary run without seeing the Primary?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFAIK: The system itself could run indefinitely, providing any certificates remain valid. But there is the issue of licensing.

We had a CUC Pub offline for over a week and the Sub was able to maintain licensing compliance for both accounts and SpeechView.

If your pubs are off for longer than 30 days you might hit the 'you are out of compliance and need to connect to a license server, and are therefore now running on evaluation licenses.' If that happens you'd have 90 days to get everything back online.

But that is my experience in the field talking, and not an official word from an official source. 

Maren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFAIK: The system itself could run indefinitely, providing any certificates remain valid. But there is the issue of licensing.

We had a CUC Pub offline for over a week and the Sub was able to maintain licensing compliance for both accounts and SpeechView.

If your pubs are off for longer than 30 days you might hit the 'you are out of compliance and need to connect to a license server, and are therefore now running on evaluation licenses.' If that happens you'd have 90 days to get everything back online.

But that is my experience in the field talking, and not an official word from an official source. 

Maren

Thank you for sharing your experience.  a total of 120 days should be enough wiggle room.  But waiting for a definate answer form Cisco.