cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence, Call Manager, SIP trunk

Mihai Ciuraru
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, first of all I'm a total newbie when it comes to VoIP.

I have a CUCM system with phones and Telepresence terminals, every thing works fine between devices in our network and for call over PTSN.

Recently we need to connect to telepresence systems in other organisations, we received the following contact details:

H323: ip_addr##int

SIP: int@ip_addr or int@domain

We could use any of them to connect.

Can you give me a few hints on what is needed from our part (configuration steps - or just a useful link, suggestions for extra hardware like a CUBE device, etc.)

Thank you,

Mihai

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If these endpoints are standalone on the internet or registered to any third party PBX then you should be able to reach them if there is any VCS/Expressway already setup with a SIP trunk from CUCM to the VCS/Exp-C. If there is no Expressway then you should consider setting up a CUBE for SIP/H323 interworking and security purpose

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/h323-to-sip.html

You should however first get exact details of the type and number of endpoints that need to be supported as there are other factors like bandwidth that need to be addressed as well.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If these endpoints are standalone on the internet or registered to any third party PBX then you should be able to reach them if there is any VCS/Expressway already setup with a SIP trunk from CUCM to the VCS/Exp-C. If there is no Expressway then you should consider setting up a CUBE for SIP/H323 interworking and security purpose

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/h323-to-sip.html

You should however first get exact details of the type and number of endpoints that need to be supported as there are other factors like bandwidth that need to be addressed as well.

HTH

Manish

Thanks for the fast reply.

There is no VCS/Expressway installed, so I guess we need a CUBE. For now we will use 2 telepresence systems, but bandwidth isn't and issue.

Mihai