Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY How increase space on logging partition with 95% used

Hello everybody.

Customer has a UNITY server unable to save voice mails because it reached 95% use on logging partition.

Unity version 12.5.1.11900-57, only one Publisher.

On RTMT I modified high/low watermark level to 40/30, and I restarted " CIsco Log Partition Monitoring tool" service , but after almost 2 hours, no change on disk.

I also installed and ran ( twice) ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.10.k4.cop cop file, but no changes detected on logging partition.

I was trying to delete Crash Dump from last year, but I always get the message ("No servers selected for core dump") although I always select the server .

Do you have any additional recommendations?

Or I am missing something on  procedures I ran?

I appreciate your help

Enrique

4 Replies 4

Hi, 

Since you have tried what I would have done in this case, TAC may be your best friend as they may be able to remove a few unwanted files with root access.

Regards

Shalid

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

In addition to your points, we also delete logs via CLI and Core Dumps as they consume a significant amount of disk space in CUCM. However, itā€™s unclear if this is applicable for Unity Connection.

To prevent such situations, you should consider:

• Implementing a Message Aging Policy
  • Managing the Storage Capacity for Voice Messages

If you enter the Show Status command and notice the logging directory is low on space, complete these steps in order to free space:

1. Navigate to Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) > Trace and Log Central.
  2. Check all the options in the check boxes.
  3. Choose a range of a week.
  4. Check the Delete Collected Log Files from Server check box.

Response Signature

Thanks for answer

From RTMT procedure, do I need to add this step 1.5?

1. Navigate to Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) > Trace and Log Central.
1.5 Select ā€œCollect Filesā€
2. Check all the options in the check boxes.
3. Choose a range of a week.
4. Check the Delete Collected Log Files from Server check box.

Thanks

Hello Nithin.

Just a comment, about logs deleting from RTMT.

I have run many times this log deletion process, selecting between 20 min - 1h ranges, selecting dates from last year and january/february 2024 .

I have downloaded ( and also deleted) about 2GB of log files, but logging partition keeps practically at the same:

When I started:

Disk/logging 102004728K 4984164K 91815932K (95%)

Now:

Disk/logging 102004728K 5262972K 91537460K (95%)

Error was deleted on admin webpage and users are able to leave voicemail. But I see this issue will occur again VERY SOON.

Do you have any additional recommendation? Do i need to select bigger ranges ( 3-4 hours)?

Is it safe to collect (and delete) full logs from recent dates? ( like last week)?

I appreciate your recommendations.

Enrique