cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uploading pre-recorded audio files to Unity Connection with AudioText Manager?

Jason Salmans
Spotlight
Spotlight

Greetings all,

I've been tasked with doing some research on Call Handlers in anticipation of rolling the feature out to support our various departments.  One thing I've quickly learned from tinkering around, my previous boss who had some experience, and the Internet in general is that MediaSense is a pain to use.  Outdated Java code sometimes means running an old version and, from my understanding, it almost has to be on an older version of IE which probably means a Windows XP VM.

I've seen numerous posts recommending using the Cisco AudioText Manager instead for Call Handler setups.  The only issue is, at least on the version I've previously downloaded, I couldn't find a way to upload a previously recorded audio file.  I found the WAV editor but that seemed to be for recording on the spot, editing, and then submitting.  We are likely going to have our individual departments record their audio which means that we'd likely just get a pre-recorded sound file.

I know I've seen that MediaSense can do this but does AudioText allow uploading a previously recorded sound file?

Thanks,
Jason Salmans

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can give ATM a pre-recorded file too. The help file says exactly that:

The tools let you insert multiple local WAV files into the playback stream, insert perfect silence, trim selected sections etc… this can be a powerful tool for editing greetings just the way you like them.