cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot obtain list of Server Ports using Powertool

Neville George
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to obtain the list of Server Ports that have been enabled on the FI-s using Powertool

I am using the below command and I am not getting nada

Get-UcsFabricServerCloud -Id "A"  | Get-UcsServerPort -AdminState "enabled"

Have tried without any additional options with no luck

Get-UcsFabricServerCloud -Id "A"  | Get-UcsServerPort

The below command gives me a proper output

Get-UcsFabricServerCloud -Id "A"

On a whim, I have also tried the below with no luck

Get-UcsFiLanCloud -Id "A" | Get-UcsUplinkPort -IfRole "server"

Any help appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Similar to my other response, you would be best to start searching from the network element.  In this case, I am looking for ports that are of type "ether" and have Interface Role of "server". 

PS C:\ucs> Get-UcsNetworkElement | Get-UcsFiModule -Id 1 | Get-UcsPortGroup -Transport ether | Get-UcsFabricPort -IfRole server | select dn, peerdn, ifrole, operspeed | Format-Table

Dn                                                PeerDn                                            IfRole                                            OperSpeed

--                                                ------                                            ------                                            ---------

sys/switch-A/slot-1/switch-ether/port-1            sys/chassis-1/slot-1/fabric/port-1               server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-A/slot-1/switch-ether/port-2           sys/chassis-1/slot-1/fabric/port-2                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-A/slot-1/switch-ether/port-3           sys/chassis-1/slot-1/fabric/port-3                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-A/slot-1/switch-ether/port-4           sys/chassis-1/slot-1/fabric/port-4                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-B/slot-1/switch-ether/port-1           sys/chassis-1/slot-2/fabric/port-1                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-B/slot-1/switch-ether/port-2           sys/chassis-1/slot-2/fabric/port-2                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-B/slot-1/switch-ether/port-3           sys/chassis-1/slot-2/fabric/port-3                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-B/slot-1/switch-ether/port-4           sys/chassis-1/slot-2/fabric/port-4                server                                            10gbps

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you have any further questions.    

Thanks,
Eric    

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Similar to my other response, you would be best to start searching from the network element.  In this case, I am looking for ports that are of type "ether" and have Interface Role of "server". 

PS C:\ucs> Get-UcsNetworkElement | Get-UcsFiModule -Id 1 | Get-UcsPortGroup -Transport ether | Get-UcsFabricPort -IfRole server | select dn, peerdn, ifrole, operspeed | Format-Table

Dn                                                PeerDn                                            IfRole                                            OperSpeed

--                                                ------                                            ------                                            ---------

sys/switch-A/slot-1/switch-ether/port-1            sys/chassis-1/slot-1/fabric/port-1               server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-A/slot-1/switch-ether/port-2           sys/chassis-1/slot-1/fabric/port-2                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-A/slot-1/switch-ether/port-3           sys/chassis-1/slot-1/fabric/port-3                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-A/slot-1/switch-ether/port-4           sys/chassis-1/slot-1/fabric/port-4                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-B/slot-1/switch-ether/port-1           sys/chassis-1/slot-2/fabric/port-1                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-B/slot-1/switch-ether/port-2           sys/chassis-1/slot-2/fabric/port-2                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-B/slot-1/switch-ether/port-3           sys/chassis-1/slot-2/fabric/port-3                server                                            10gbps

sys/switch-B/slot-1/switch-ether/port-4           sys/chassis-1/slot-2/fabric/port-4                server                                            10gbps

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you have any further questions.    

Thanks,
Eric    

You could also use, to get enabled server ports:

Get-UcsFabricServerCloud -Id "A" -Ucs $ucs | Get-UcsServerPort | ft SwitchID, PortID,SlotID,AdminState -AutoSize

SwitchId PortId SlotId AdminState

-------- ------ ------ ----------

A      1      1      enabled

A      10      1      enabled

A      2      1      enabled

A      3      1      enabled

A      4      1      enabled

A      5      1      enabled

A      6      1      enabled

A      7      1      enabled

A      8      1      enabled

A      9      1      enabled

Chris.. For some reason, I dont get any output from using the command. I wonder if it is due to the firmware version.

Eric,

Thx again.. I used a subset and have the information about it.

Get-UcsFabricPort -Ucs $kvlogin -IfRole server -AdminState "enabled" -SwitchId "A" | Foreach-Object { $_.portid }

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card