Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS Config -Adding 1 New Chassis and 8 Blades

navinjk1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Q1 -Currently my Lan IP Pools ext-mgmt has only 4 IP remaining How can i extend the IP Pool range ? or Do i need to add a new IPv4 Pool ?

Q2 - Can I create a vNIC template and use existing Vlan ID with the new template which are already a part of existing vNIC template.

THanks

Navin

4 Replies 4

simon.wright321
Level 1
Level 1

Q1.  You can create a new bloock of addresses in the pool ext-mgmt or you can delete that pool and create a new pool of a larger size.  Don't worry all the old IP addresses will go back to the same server and you will not lose access to the existing.

Q2.  Yes you can.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks , I have some additional questions.

Q1- Will the Server/SP automatically pool IP address from the new IPv4 Range if created.

Q3

Added 1 Chassis with 8 Blades for QA Environment to an existing UCS Setup with 4 Chassis/20 Blades. If I Plan to use the existing setup with regards to Storage, Do I need to do anything specific on the SAN Tab option for the new 8 Blades for a Seprate QA Environment setup?

Q1, it will continue to takes IP's from the existing block once full it will take them from the next block.

Q3. Short answer no, long answers depends on a few questions about your setup. Lets assume your using the same storage array and same protocol (FC or iSCSI) then no, if a different array or protocol then yes you may need to make changes.

In general thats the beauty of UCS Domains is that I can add chassis after chassis (20) and I dont have to change anything northbound and I can re-use polices and profiles as well as templates.

Simon.

Thanks Simon, Will get back to you with additional questions if any.

Navin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card