cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Evacuation in IMM

mdrudge
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few domains of 6536 FIs managed by Intersight.  We want to move the FIs in one of our domains in the rack, which will cause a brief outage.  I think that enabling fabric evacuation before shutting down an FI before moving it would be the way to go, but I don't see where we can use that setting.  Apparently it is part of the firmware upgrade process, but can't just be enabled on an FI outside of the firmware upgrade process.  I can't see anywhere on the gui or the cli where this can be set, and my google is just coming up with UCSM commands.  Has this functionality been taken away?  Am I missing something here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At the time of this writing, Fabric Evacuation (outside of a firmware upgrade) is currently being worked on and not available in IMM mode yet. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At the time of this writing, Fabric Evacuation (outside of a firmware upgrade) is currently being worked on and not available in IMM mode yet. 

Thanks, Wes, I appreciate the prompt response.  It's not a huge problem, but it sounds like UCS will just have to treat the FI removal like an unexpected failover.  I will keep an eye out for this functionality in the future.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card