cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intersight managed UCS/UCSX MTU and VLAN settings per VNIC

smorgan_byte
Level 1
Level 1

Doing my first deployment of a UCSX system through Intersight.  I am used to how UCSM would allow you specify VLAN and MTU per VNIC template.  I have not been able to find anything similar when creating VNICs in Intersight.  I feel as though I have looked through every policy and clicked every possible area, but I cannot find what looks to be where you set this information.

I have defined the VLANs that are present and allowed.  It does appear everything is working as intended, all of my vkernels respond when tagged with the proper vlan.  I am curious if that is how vlans are assigned now, via tagging only and maybe the MTU is set in the 9k range and you set what you want on the vkernel?

I just want to make sure I did not miss anything before going production.  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the lan connectivity policy under each vNIC there should be a spot to attach a mandatory QoS policy w/settings:

BrianMorrissey_1-1681222416255.png

BrianMorrissey_2-1681222491013.png

VLANs would be defined on the vnic under ethernet network group policy (if the vlans arent defined on the FI as well it should fail profile deployment with a message indicating the vlan isnt on FI A or B):

BrianMorrissey_3-1681222616474.png

View solution in original post

@smorgan_byte ,

A little tip:

If your question has been answered, it is a great idea to mark the question as being answered.  This helps:

1. others with a similar problem find the correct answer
  2. people who look for "unanswered" questions to answer finding this (which happened to me this morning)
  3. prevent your question from becoming a "dead thread"
RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the lan connectivity policy under each vNIC there should be a spot to attach a mandatory QoS policy w/settings:

BrianMorrissey_1-1681222416255.png

BrianMorrissey_2-1681222491013.png

VLANs would be defined on the vnic under ethernet network group policy (if the vlans arent defined on the FI as well it should fail profile deployment with a message indicating the vlan isnt on FI A or B):

BrianMorrissey_3-1681222616474.png

Thank you so much Brian.  So it is a little different than UCSM, but I did have it set correctly.  9000 is max and I have the needed vlans defined.  So tagging from the vkernel seems to be the final and that works.

Very much appreciated, the documentation is not very clear on this.

@smorgan_byte ,

A little tip:

If your question has been answered, it is a great idea to mark the question as being answered.  This helps:

1. others with a similar problem find the correct answer
  2. people who look for "unanswered" questions to answer finding this (which happened to me this morning)
  3. prevent your question from becoming a "dead thread"
RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card