Hello,

Looking for a link to that shows how to add a member to a zone

Thanks in advance.  All replies rated

4 Replies 4

Clifford Aldan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scott, 

Can you clarify what device you're trying to add a member to a zone? 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/sw/5_2/command/reference/cr4_2x/CR04_m.html#pgfId-1256687

member (zone configuration and zoneset-zone configuration submode)

To add a member name to a Fibre Channel zone set zone member, use the member command in zone set zone configuration submode. To remove a member name from a zone set zones, use the no form of the command.

member { device-alias aliasname both initiator target [ lun lun-id ] | domain-id domain-id port-number port | fcalias alias-name [ lun lun-id ] | fcid fc-id [ lun lun-id ] | fwwn fwwn-id |
interface fc slot / port [ domain-id domain-id | swwn swwn-id ] | ip-address ipv4|ipv6 |
pwwn pwwn-id [ lun lun-id ] | symbolic-nodename nodename }

no member { device-alias aliasname both initiator target [ lun lun-id ] | domain-id domain-id port-number port | fcid fc-id [ lun lun-id ] | fwwn fwwn-id | interface fc slot / port [ domain-id domain-id | swwn swwn-id ] | ip-address ipv4|ipv6 | pwwn pwwn-id [ lun lun-id ] |
symbolic-nodename nodename }

Syntax Description

device-alias aliasname

Specifies the member device alias. Maximum length is 64 characters.

both

Specifies the device type as both.

initiator

Specifies the device type as initiator.

target

Specifies the device type as target.

lun lun-id

(Optional) Specifies the member LUN ID. The format is 0 x hhhh [ : hhhh [ : hhhh [ : hhhh ]]], where h is a hexadecimal digit.

domain-id domain-id

Specifies the member domain ID. The range is 1 to 239.

alias-name

The name of the fcalias. Maximum length is 64 characters.

port-number port

Specifies the member port number. The range is 0 to 255.

fcid fc-id

Specifies the member FC ID. The format is 0 x hhhhhh, where h is a hexadecimal digit.

fwwn fwwn-id

Specifies the member fWWN ID. The format is hh : hh : hh : hh : hh : hh : hh : hh, where h is a hexadecimal digit.

interface fc slot / port

Specifies the member interface ID.

swwn swwn-id

Specifies the member sWWN ID. The format is hh : hh : hh : hh : hh : hh : hh : hh, where h is a hexadecimal digit.

ip-address ipv4|ipv6

Specifies a member IP address in either IPv4 format, A.B.C.D , or IPv6format, X:X:X::X/n .

pwwn pwwn-id

Specifies the member pWWN ID. The format is hh : hh : hh : hh : hh : hh : hh : hh, where h is a hexadecimal digit.

symbolic-nodename nodename

Specifies the member symbolic node name. The maximum length is 255 characters.

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott,

Below is a PPT presentation over adding members to a Boot Policy for BFS (Boot For San).

Hope this helps.

Qiese Dides

for reasons I don't understand, I never get to slide 36. I have everything else configured as shown (except I have an IBM V7K), was able to see and install to the LUN when I booted the VMWare install disk from kvm.

I have a TAC open.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card