Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM - Is renaming a Storage Profile destructive to the deployed LUNs

alexander.kilp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am wondering, if it is possible to rename a Storage Profile in UCS-M without forcing a recreation of the already deployed LUNs on the host?

So we are using the UCSM 3.2(1d) with the same FW bundle for our C240M4. The customer wanted to use the physical partitioning feature on the servers with the Storage Profiles. 

We created multiple local LUNs and deployed them on some servers. One LUN is flaggt as bootable.

The customer already installed data on the LUNs. 

Is there a way to rename the LUNs and Storage Profile without erasing the data?

The size of the LUNs would stay untouched.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rkharas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex,

So I just went ahead and tested this out in my own lab just to see if it was possible.

I do not see a way to re-name storage profiles or change the names of the LUNs created either. 

I also went ahead and confirmed that applying a different storage profile, even with the same disk group policies and LUN sizes, is still a destructive change. 

In short, he will have to re-make his virtual disks if the customer is looking to change the storage profile/LUN names. 

-Russ

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rkharas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex,

So I just went ahead and tested this out in my own lab just to see if it was possible.

I do not see a way to re-name storage profiles or change the names of the LUNs created either. 

I also went ahead and confirmed that applying a different storage profile, even with the same disk group policies and LUN sizes, is still a destructive change. 

In short, he will have to re-make his virtual disks if the customer is looking to change the storage profile/LUN names. 

-Russ

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card