Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft VPN with Cisco RV082 Router

chuck
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day to All!

I have a problem in that I am attempting to configure an RV082 to allow VPN traffic to reach my internal server that is running the Remote Access Role with VPN services.  I can log into the VPN successfully from within my network but I cannot for outside.  I've tried using Passthrough, Port Forwarding, Rules, nothing seems to work and I can't even see hits in the logs so I've little to no idea what's wrong aside from, "Not working".

I'm not the best with Firewalls but I can follow basic directions and so far nothing seems to work.  I'd be willing to run with other options but I've not been able to make the built in Quick Access client feature work either.  My boss is depending on me here and I really need to make some progress here, does anyone have any suggestions they can make?

Thanks!

Chuck Mills

3 Replies 3

Hello Chuck,

below are instructions on how to set the router up with Quick VPN. Make sure that IPSec/PPTP/HTTPS are enabled:

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/quickvpn-connection-for-wrv54g-rv0xx-series-routers.11159/

Unfortunately, this was the first thing I tried.  Simply put it does not work but I appreciate the response.

Hello Chuck,

hard to say what's wrong. Assuming your clients are Windows clients, what is the output of 'route print' ? It might be something simple as the firewall (settings) in your clients. Can you try and (temporarily) turn the Windows Firewall off ?