Views
Helpful
Replies

Change personal room for indivual users

N.Oldenburger-2
Level 1
Level 1

In the control hub I can see the following option:

- Enable Personal Room (when enabled, you can enable or disable it for individual users)

For safety, we locked the personal room for all users. For some users the personal room should directly be available (without waiting in the lobby). According to the named sentence in the control hub we could change this per user but where can I find this option?

I

1 Accepted Solution

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@N.Oldenburger-2 , the user can change this setting via the Preferences-page on the Webex site:

Cisco_Webex_Meetings.png

By disabling the "Automatic Lock" nobody will have to go via the lobby (as long as "When a meeting is unlocked, Guests can join directly" has been enabled as site-level)

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you go into your Webex site options, you can configure the default behavior for how guests join.

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@N.Oldenburger-2 , the user can change this setting via the Preferences-page on the Webex site:

Cisco_Webex_Meetings.png

By disabling the "Automatic Lock" nobody will have to go via the lobby (as long as "When a meeting is unlocked, Guests can join directly" has been enabled as site-level)

Response Signature

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Personal rooms can be enabled/disabled per user on the Users page in Control Hub (it's a bit hidden):

Users -> (Select user) -> Meetings -> (Click site name) -> User Privileges -> Personal Room

"Locking" a room is a different concept. This locks meetings so that guest attendees can't join directly, but are forced to be placed in the lobby and wait to be admitted by the host. Not sure if that's the setting you're looking for.

The personal room is open for all users in our community. I am indeed looking for the setting you mentioned below. I would like to unlock the room for a specific user so he does not have to give access to everyone in the lobby. Where can I find this?