cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Table Microphone Pro LAN connection?

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I've went through the available documentation of the new Cisco Table Microphone Pro but I could not find if the microphone UTP/LAN cable can be connected to the same LAN of the Room codec or if it needs to be connected to the private LAN of the codec where also camera control and Touch devices can be connected.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/microphone/installation_guide/cisco-microphone-array-installation-guide.pdf

6 Replies 6

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco should update the related documentation such as installation guides and RoomOS administrator guide to reflect this requirement.

This document would have been more clear rather than the panorama one: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/microphone/installation_guide/table-microphone-pro-installation-guide.pdf  - if you look at item #6 it does state the switch needs to be connected to the codec. Hope this helps!

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It must be connected to the link local network of the codec. You can use an intermediate switch though if needed for convenience (ie consolidate under the table) or PoE. Most folks have been using the CBS250 series for that, especially since Cisco published a doc of exactly what they want the config to be.

I too have a problem with a mic pr connecting to a webex pro 75" board .... no documentation on how to do this.  Both devices on the same vlan but the mic doesnt magically show up as the useless installation guide infers

Only supported with the Board Pro, not the original Board or Board S. The Mic Pro must be connected to the link local port - same one that a directly connected Room Navigator would use. It will not pair over the customer LAN.

Thanks for the info.

Yes tried this and it works.

Disco ….. for a company that must buy millions of network interfaces each year could you not have included a few more on such a premium product. Please name the person that signed off on this ridiculous limitation . They should hang their heads in shame!