Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace CISCO AIR-AP-18321-E-K9 APs connected to a Cisco 897VA-K9 Rout

AbbyDoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just taken over a network with a Cisco 897VA-K9 and multiple CISCO AIR-AP-18321-E-K9 APs connected to it. The original administrator has lost the username and password for the router.

For now, I am replacing CISCO AIR-AP-18321-E-K9 APs connected to a Cisco 897VA-K9 router with CBW240AC APs and would like to know if just disconnecting the current APs and connecting the CBW240AC will work, as I am not sure if the current CISCO AIR-AP-18321-E-K9 APs are managed by the router.

I am not familiar with the CISCO AIR-AP-18321-E-K9 and am not sure if the controller is based on the router or one of the APs is the primary AP?

Regards,

Abby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The controller is certainly not on the router , possibly mobility express is used , then one of the APs is the mobility express controller, so basically you can just replace them with the CBW240AC APs 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The controller is certainly not on the router , possibly mobility express is used , then one of the APs is the mobility express controller, so basically you can just replace them with the CBW240AC APs 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi @marce1000 

Thank you for the input.

I was able to replace the APs yesterday with the CBW240AC. No issues.

Regards,

AbbyDoc