cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AirOS - 9800 Anchor - The anchor server both Anchor and local clients

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

We have mobility anchors with several organisations, we advertise on their WLCs and they advertise on ours. Some have 5520s, some have 9800 (I’m replicating how will work when coming from different organisation WLC before I go live.)

So have no issues with mobility anchors  from AirOS to their AirOS.

I’m testing foreign AirOS  to Anchor 9800, managed to get this to work.

So I’m using the same WLC for Anchor traffic and Local traffic.

So I need to Anchor to the WLC and use the SSID and still us the same SSID on prem for local traffic

What I have now found is when the Anchor 9800 I’m not able to see the SSID being advertised.  But when I untick the Mobility Anchor Export section I can see the SSID being advertised but no longer able to connect by anchor.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Added replyhttps://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/9800-auto-anchor-with-local-aps-and-ssid/td-p/4766287#:~:text=You%20can%20have%20the%20same,that%20is%20used%20for%20local.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...What I have now found is when the Anchor 9800 I’m not able to see the SSID being advertised.  But when I untick the Mobility Anchor Export section I can see the SSID being advertised but no longer able to connect by anchor.
  - For the none working configuration , have a checkup of the Anchor 9800 configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output into : Wireless Config Analyzer
                                         Review all advisories 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Added replyhttps://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/9800-auto-anchor-with-local-aps-and-ssid/td-p/4766287#:~:text=You%20can%20have%20the%20same,that%20is%20used%20for%20local.

M.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card