cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a Cisco WLC coexist with a solution from another brand?

MargotFonteyn
Level 1
Level 1

Currently a client is working with Avaya's WOS (Wireless Orchestration System) with 802.1x authentication, and the client is requesting Cisco APs to integrate into their wirelless network.

Is it possible for a Cisco controller to coexist with its current Avaya wireless network?

That is, having the same type of authentication and SSIDs. Could there be roaming between both solutions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MargotFonteyn

If they can coexist? Yes sure, after all, they will coexist, probably, with a ton of wireless network on the surrounding.

They can advertise the same SSID? Yes  "as long as" you DISABLE  Rogue Contention. If you do not disable Rogue containment, they will fight each other for good!

Roaming is not possible. Roaming is often complicate even among APs from the same vendor and under the same WLC. 

However, I can´t omit to say that, this is not a good design.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi @MargotFonteyn

If they can coexist? Yes sure, after all, they will coexist, probably, with a ton of wireless network on the surrounding.

They can advertise the same SSID? Yes  "as long as" you DISABLE  Rogue Contention. If you do not disable Rogue containment, they will fight each other for good!

Roaming is not possible. Roaming is often complicate even among APs from the same vendor and under the same WLC. 

However, I can´t omit to say that, this is not a good design.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card