cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can C9115AXE AP able to Join on C2504 Hardware controller ?

supportahm
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have C9115AXE AP which is running on firmware 17.13.0 and i want know that it is supported join on C2504 Hardware controller ( controller running on 8.3.150 version ) ?

I also referred escalation matrix of wireless solution but not able to find match answer .

Waiting for your valuable response

Thanks & Regards 

Dhaval

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

- Your wireless controller model (2504) can not run that version designated for higher models ; that means that if you need to support the C9115AXE  AP's in your network ; then you will need to change & upgrade the controller to a newer model ; preferably a 9800 based controller model , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

Rich R
VIP
VIP

To summarise all the other answers:
Can C9115AXE AP able to Join on C2504 Hardware controller ? NO

If you want to use the 9115 AP you will have to upgrade the WLC to a currently supported model like 9800 series.
https://www.cisco.com/site/uk/en/products/networking/wireless/wireless-lan-controllers/catalyst-9800-series/index.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

911x requires 8.9.X.X or IOS-XE version 16.11.X as a minimum.

Dear Leo,

I am not understand properly can you elaborate for the same (911x requires 8.9.X.X or IOS-XE version 16.11.X as a minimum.)

>I am not understand properly can you elaborate for the same (911x requires 8.9.X.X or IOS-XE version 16.11.X as a minimum.)
              Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

Table 7 :  (in green is the minimum aireos version needed ; older versions wont work

C9115AXI-x

8.10.x

Cisco IOS XE Gibraltar 16.11.1b

C9115AXE-x

8.10.x

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Dear Team,

Thanks For your response .

As per check on cisco software platform I am not able to see firmware version 8.9.100 ,showing upto 8.5.182.0 

Please find attached Snap-shot for your reference.

Thanks & Regards

Dhaval

- Your wireless controller model (2504) can not run that version designated for higher models ; that means that if you need to support the C9115AXE  AP's in your network ; then you will need to change & upgrade the controller to a newer model ; preferably a 9800 based controller model , 

M.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

To summarise all the other answers:
Can C9115AXE AP able to Join on C2504 Hardware controller ? NO

If you want to use the 9115 AP you will have to upgrade the WLC to a currently supported model like 9800 series.
https://www.cisco.com/site/uk/en/products/networking/wireless/wireless-lan-controllers/catalyst-9800-series/index.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card