cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from Cisco Meraki Wireless Solution

CSCO12094806
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are planning to migrate our wireless solution from cloud based solution (Cisco Meraki) to avoid yearly recurring subscription expense.

currently Meraki APs (total- 75 qty) are working at HQ and Branches (10 offices).

all branches are connected to HQ by using IPSec VPN Tunnel.

we are looking for solution with initial one time expense with following features.

1. centralized administration.

2. each office need minimum 2 SSID (one for office users with local Radius authentication, second for Guest users with PSK /Captive portal authentication).

Could you please suggest which is the best new wireless solution for us and is there any way "can we use /manage Meraki APs using new controller".

expecting valuable inputs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I think with the info you provided, you can look at the WLC3504 (two if you want redundancy) and the 2802i (internal antennas) for access points. The 3504 can handle up to 175 access points so that fits in perfectly in your design. You would still need to look at getting AP licenses and yearly support for RMA’s and opening up a TAC case so make sure you understand your cost.

With a central design, you would setup the AP’s in FlexConnect local switching. You can just search for that and review it. The controllers can be setup in N+1 or in SSO depending on if the controllers will be near each other, layer 2, or separated via layer 3, N+1. Just review N+1 and SSO guides.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/High_Availability_DG.pdf
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I think with the info you provided, you can look at the WLC3504 (two if you want redundancy) and the 2802i (internal antennas) for access points. The 3504 can handle up to 175 access points so that fits in perfectly in your design. You would still need to look at getting AP licenses and yearly support for RMA’s and opening up a TAC case so make sure you understand your cost.

With a central design, you would setup the AP’s in FlexConnect local switching. You can just search for that and review it. The controllers can be setup in N+1 or in SSO depending on if the controllers will be near each other, layer 2, or separated via layer 3, N+1. Just review N+1 and SSO guides.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/High_Availability_DG.pdf
-Scott

Thanks Scott Fella for the details.

could you please advice is there anyway "to manage Meraki AP using WLC3504".

-ASAMEDT-

There is not. You would need to look at your cost now and then compare with the cost of controllers, AP’s, AP’s license and support.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card