Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Profile not taking effect. 7.3.112.0 WiSM-2

mostafa.hijazi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are currently in the process of migrating from  WiSM  to WiSM-2. We have a Guest SSID Anchored with 4400 WLC. Previously on WiSM, we had QOS profile configured with a limited bandwidth and it was working fine up and down stream. 

After migrating to WiSM-2, When we try to do the same, the effect is only taking place in the upstream direction. the down stream direction is always exceeding the limited bandwidth as it is not even configured.

When I set the Per-User Bandwidth Contracts   under the bronze profile, or even override it under the WLAN settings, the same thing happens. throttling upload bur not download.

When I set the same on the anchor controller (4400 running 7.0.98.0) it is working fine. The issue is we have many WLCs and with different QOS profile settings. If we did that on the anchor controller, the bandwidth will be the same for all.

I Tried to open a TAC case but the service contract is not yet associated with my ID.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

typically guest-anchor scenario, you have to apply such policy in Anchor controller where client IP information is resides.(not on foreign controllers)

This post may help you on this as well

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12043756/qos-ssid-using-anchor-controller

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card