Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow cmd: option outphysint

Luca5h36
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm running IOS XR 5.3, and customize some Netflow configuration, but during monitor-map config i have a found a cmd that i can't understand.

flow monitor-map NETFLOWMM4

option outphysint

description say: "outphysint  export output interfaces as physical interfaces", but i can't find it in command cross-references.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anoop Kalikot Veetil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"outphysint"  is for MPLS TE tunnels. By default for TE tunnels you will see the tunnel interface name in netflow record, with this option it will report the actual underlying physical interface carrying the flow

later releases you will also see an option to do the same for link bundles "option outbundlemember"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the output interface is a Bundle-Ether interface, this option will show you the bundle member that was used to forward the flow. Hence the out(put-)phy(sical-)int(erface).

Anoop Kalikot Veetil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"outphysint"  is for MPLS TE tunnels. By default for TE tunnels you will see the tunnel interface name in netflow record, with this option it will report the actual underlying physical interface carrying the flow

later releases you will also see an option to do the same for link bundles "option outbundlemember"

hi Anoop,

thanks for correcting me!!! I'm so glad you noticed. ;)

/Aleks